Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Future Forward group within Intuitive Surgical is searching for a Staff NPI Manufacturing Engineer to lead the development of manufacturing processes and equipment, to set up the pilot manufacturing line, and to support manufacturing of systems, instruments, and accessories for early feasibility studies of a new robotic surgical platform. As an early member of the team and the first manufacturing engineer, this role is an exciting opportunity to help define the eventual product from early prototypes through clinical trials and into product launch. This engineer will function as the NPI lead for the new platform and will be expected to supervise the technical work of at least one manufacturing engineer.
As part of the team, the engineer will work with team members to:
- Assess manufacturability of current designs and identify critical steps for further process development
- Develop NPI strategy for supporting verification and validation of product
- Build and maintain top level assemblies in Agile document control system
- Define pilot manufacturing lines for system components, instruments, and accessories, order equipment, and bring up the line
- Design, specify, purchase, build, and qualify aids and test equipment for the line as necessary
- Manage completion of all manufacturing documentation in support of launch
- Support pilot line builds of product for early feasibility studies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Education: BS in relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum 8 years experience, at least 6 years in medical device manufacturing of products
- Proven ability to leverage internal and external resources to complete tasks
- Prior responsibility for validation/verification of processes, equipment, and products
- Prior experience with Design Control processes for medical devices and/or clinical applications of the surgical instruments, and/or automated equipment design
- Strong quantitative process development skills including (p)FMEA, tolerance analysis, DoE, SPC, GR&R, and Cpk
- Familiarity with mechanical CAD (Solidworks), ERP (SAP), PLM (Agile), and ALM (Polarion) software
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work on multiple fast-paced project threads simultaneously
- Clear and efficient documentation skills
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $153,300 - $220,700
Base Salary Range Region 2: $130,400 - $187,600
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.