Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As an Occupancy & Space Planner, you will be an integral part of our Global Strategic Workspace Planning & Spatial Data Team with a focus on occupancy planning, building space management, and workplace design improvements. You will work side-by-side on projects with other occupancy planners, MAC professionals, data analysts, and project managers. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. This position reports to the Sr Manager, Occupancy & Space Planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a set of buildings, their occupants, spatial data, space requests, and planning for capital projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to define occupancy requirements and space needs for respective teams
- Develop relationships and communication channels proactively to review updates, space plan concerns, and collect respective team updates.
- Perform periodic surveys of space utilization and analyze space requirements across business units
- Leverage and analyze spatial data to continually optimize our facilities, space configurations, efficiency, building blocking, etc.
- Support reporting efforts to provide regular program/building updates
- Highlight risks and opportunities with the project teams and senior leadership.
OCCUPANCY & SPACE PLANNING:
- Engage internal customers to develop solutions for respective workspace and workflows
- Lead workshops and work to support occupancy, space, and scenario planning summarizing in presentations.
- Document business requirements and translate them to occupancy planning and scenario plans to maximize safety, efficiency, and foster innovation.
- Interface with customers at all levels for gathering and validating headcount growth projections and all programmatic space requirements. Translate into test fit layouts via CAD/CAFM and socialize for approval.
- Responsible for building re-stacks, move planning, seat blocking, seat assignments, and spatial data in Archibus
- Negotiate space among user groups to maximize the use of real estate while enhancing adjacencies to improve collaboration and workflows.
- Manage space requests and relocation planning, working closely with project managers and internal customers.
- Develop and execute project planning activities, the timing of group moves/relocations, migration and phasing plans, stack and block plans, and final relocation ensuring smooth, organized transitions on each project.
- Create reporting to effectively communicate occupancy/ vacancy ratios, headcount projections, and workplace conditions.
WORKPLACE STRATEGY AND DESIGN:
- Integrate current and future design standards in facility and workplace projects
- Survey, analyze, and develop post-pandemic workplace strategies and potential design updates.
- Participate in occupancy planning and workplace design efforts for the post-pandemic workplace
- Participate in workplace strategies for internal business functions that support collaboration and productivity and are aligned with company objectives.
- Manage relationships with our moves, adds, and changes team
- Liaise between business units to create aligned block plans and seat assignments prior to move execution
- Effectively communicate Move plan to stakeholders and effectively transition to MAC execution team
PLANNING & CAPITAL/EXPENSE PROJECTS:
- Partner with execution teams to plan and scope projects accurately and in line with business requirements/programmatic needs
- Provide input and review of conceptual, schematic, and design development plans, and construction documents for consistency with our design playbook. Input required for architecture, interiors, furniture, transition planning, and closeout.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum bachelor's degree and minimum three to five years of relevant post-graduate professional experience in operations/space planning management
- Experience in managing effective and positive relationships with outsourced suppliers.
- Experience with space utilization (moves/restacks/shared workplace).
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and leaders.
- Experience with data analysis to develop presentation materials.
- Desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong analytical skills (excel, tableau, other analytical tools)
- Experience with IWMS management systems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
- Effective communication skills including business case validations and presentations for leadership
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $129,800 - $186,800
Base Salary Range Region 2: $110,400 - $158,800
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.