Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Systems Analysts (Robotic Control Engineers) at Intuitive Surgical perform a central role in the design, development, and support of new products in the daVinci Surgery product line. Systems Analysts are primarily responsible for the tele-robotic motion control algorithms, robotic manipulator control and safety algorithms for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility crosses into electrical, mechanical, software, control, user interface, and safety engineering where all the subsystems are integrated together. Systems Analysts strive to provide early design input, quickly prove out new designs, and seek out solutions to subtle and challenging problems in system integration and motion control. Responsibilities continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Contribute to design of new surgical platforms and instruments through control system analysis and characterization of prototypes.
- Implement motion control algorithms
- Apply control theory to the design and verification of mechatronic and tele-robotic systems
- Analyze complex electro-mechanical devices for dynamic safety and clinical risk
- Create safety monitoring algorithms based on sound physics
- Participate in clinical observations and experiments to ensure that performance requirements are relevant and realistic
- Document and pursue intellectual property
- Communicate system performance to the organization as a whole
- Improve group work-flow through tool building and teaching others
- Support and track system performance as it moves from design to manufacturing.
- Minimum Masters in EE or ME with +2 years of experience in control aspects of mechatronic systems or PhD in control of mechatronic systems.
- Theoretical training in and experience implementing classical and modern servo control systems.
- Possess strong embedded C programming capabilities as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
- Be guided by strong engineering intuition for mechatronic systems and at the same time be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
- Excel in a high-energy team and demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
- Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $182,500 - $262,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $155,100 - $223,100
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.