Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
This role is within “Product Labeling Design and Development” team within Technical Services Department (Shared Services). Product Label Design and Development team works very closely with Global Labeling team for supporting product labeling activities for the full lifecycle of Intuitive products. As a Sr. Packaging Graphics & Product Label Specialist, the role requires hands-on execution with Label Design and Development deliverables. As a Sr. Specialist work closely on tactical solutioning with direct management and developing content/labeling requirements with cross functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Packaging, Labeling Engineers/PM Test Engineering etc.). Drives and lead improvement activities for the current labeling system (GLMS and Legacy method) and serves as a SME for Labeling PMs/Engineers and other ISI functions that interface with labeling systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create/update/maintain various iteration of the product label content and artwork along with managing changes within document management system
- Effectively work with cross functional team members (e.g. R&D, Regulatory, Operations, Quality, Marketing) for labeling content alignment and translating it into functional label layout utilizing labeling software and/or illustrating software.
- Troubleshoot Issues, communicate impact and propose solutions
- Serves as the Labeling SME for labeling initiatives by working with cross functional team members to develop and maintain labeling content that complies with internal and external requirements/regulations.
- Able to execute required label qualifications including attributes, tables, images, symbols and translations, training and problem solving assistance.
- Supports and executes all company initiatives as identified by management and in support of the Quality Management System (QMS),
- Execute end to end GLMS Change Order process and drive improvements/efficiency, Standardization across different functions (Manufacturing Engineering, IT, Global Labeling, Project Management etc.)
- Supports and collaborates with Label Design and Development team to produce consistent method of developing the product labels not limited to adopt to support current business needs and manufacturing variance of producing the product labels.
- Ensure clear communication with direct management on project risks, tactical project approach to continue to support all BUs
- Provide mentorship and training to peer and subordinate team members
- Have in depth PLM (Agile) system and change control processes knowledge in order to ‘trouble shoot’ issues as needed and know when to escalate them to appropriate department (IT, Doc Control, manufacturing etc.)
- Collaborates effectively and build relationships with cross functional teams (Test Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Project Management, Design and Document Control) and support business needs/solutions to support manufacturing needs for multiple products/BU
- Collaborate with business unit/IT stakeholders in the development of labeling solutions
- Develop tools to continue to support tactical business transformational programs
- Contribute to the development of solutions and best practices for labeling initiatives, including recommending activities involving legacy systems, process improvement, country-specific requirements, labeling standards and regulations, and labeling stakeholders
- Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk
- Performs and executes a broad variety of tasks in support of global labeling as assigned by department management
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in science or engineering
- Minimum of 4+ years product labeling and project management experience for medical device or other regulated industry preferred.
- Experience using graphic design, XML based authoring tools, labeling or printing solution software
- Experience with a label design software (i.e. EasyLabel, NiceLabel, or BarTender or Prisym) is required.
- Experience utilizing computer-aided design equipment and graphic tools such as, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign, and other related software.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong collaboration, problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a quick learner with ability to understand complex technical information and translate into writing
- Proven success recognizing critical issues with the ability to react quickly under pressure, and drive issues to closure by providing coordinated direction.
Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated with strong focus on details and accuracy
- Self-starter who can independently thrive in a team environment to prioritize tasks and resolve problems
- Ability to logically reason, solve problems, and make decisions on key issues with minimal supervision
- Ability to motivate and influence others over whom they have no direct authority
- Familiar with SAP, Agile or similar software
- Proficient user of Tableau, Smartsheet, or similar project management software
- Working knowledge and/or experience of Agile PLM or similar PLM business systems in medical device or life science industry.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or previous experience with label creation software (e.g. BarTender, Prisym) preferred
- Experience with Change Management or document control preferred
- Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $123,100 - $177,100
Base Salary Range Region 2: $104,600 - $150,600
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.