Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Multiport Senior Product Manager:
You will become a member of the da Vinci® Multiport Global team helping to lead and support multiple generations of solutions across their lifecycle. As an upstream strategic and product management expert, you will work with cross-functional partners to guide successful product launches and provide strategic expertise throughout the product lifecycle. Responsibilities vary by workstream and include product business & strategic modeling, product user needs & requirements management, market research, customer interaction, forecasting, pricing, competitive analysis, new product launch management, and new product proposals. You will become a key development and design stage(s) stakeholder for multiple projects, will work with the commercial downstream teams to provide expertise for both new product introductions and fielded products, and will become a global portfolio expert helping to guide future portfolio strategy recommendations.
In your first year, you can expect to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the surgical treatments for applicable indications, including monitoring and consuming clinical literature, attending medical society meetings, engaging with physician key opinion leaders (KOLs), and observing live surgical cases. Will require both domestic and international travel.
- Represent product management in the robotic product development process, complete deliverables such as market requirements and product requirements documents, and facilitate tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind. Manage cross functional teams in final stages of new product launch activities
- Create and own one or more product profiles, including development of key financial modeling, forecasting, and market impact analysis. Develop the business justification for new products and features by working with customers and company stakeholders
- Assist in managing the Multiport product roadmap and lifecycle in alignment with the multiport portfolio objectives. Develop business justification for recommendations and gain alignment across key stakeholders on project prioritization.
- Use qualitative and quantitative market research methods and direct customer interviews and observations to develop insights that inform the product roadmap. Refine user requirements with feedback from customers, clinical sales, and clinical development engineering, establishing design requirements, prioritize design efforts, coordinate design reviews, and document and communicate design decisions
- Convey product value proposition for global product positioning and messaging initiatives.
- Define and measure product success by monitoring product adoption and seeking post-launch product feedback.
- Understand and educate the organization on potential impact of competitive emerging and complementary technologies on Intuitive’s product lines.
- Work with the product engineering and business development teams to evaluate new technologies and prioritize the new business development pipeline
We believe you are a good fit for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent experience in role strongly preferred
- Minimum 6 years in a medical device role and 8 or more years cumulative professional experience in product management, marketing, engineering, business development, or equivalent role
- Knowledge of product development in medical regulated industry strongly preferred
- Humble nature, willingness to work under pressure, and ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner. Gets the job done and constantly learning.
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to lead in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Presentation skills to internal & external audiences including leaders at the VP level. Strong Powerpoint or equivalent modality skillset.
- Self-directed with awareness to proactively develop professional skills and seek advice when needed
- Quantitative mindset, proven ability to investigate open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities and smoothly manage multiple competing deadlines and tasks
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite. Moderate experience or knowledge with Mural, Tableau, Agile, and Polarion
- Ability to travel up to 25%. International and Domestic USA
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $183,100 - $263,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $155,600 - $224,000
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.