Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing and equipment design skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments and accessories for minimally invasive robotic surgery. Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong mechanical design capabilities and be able to deliver consistent improvements for production accessories. Individuals in this role will provide daily support for manufacturing operations, mechanical design improvements for existing accessories. The role requires active participation in new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical instruments and accessories.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve pilot "mid to high volume" manufacturing assembly lines, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work instructions.
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Analyze instrument/accessories manufacturing line from a risk perspective (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).
- Provide production support through successful and sustained project launch.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum BS / MS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical / electromechanical content.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience designing automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with high volume automated assembly and plastic forming and joining processes (injection molding, transfer molding, and ultrasonic welding) a plus.
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
- New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
- CAD experience (preferred Solidworks).
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment a plus
Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali plant
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $130,700 - $188,100
Base Salary Range Region 2: $111,100 - $159,900
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.