At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The GAVE Sr. Manager – Emerging Technologies will report to GAVE Director – Emerging Technologies. The purpose of the GAVE Manager is to proactively cultivate and manage projects that support the Emerging Technologies Centers of Excellence for markets within the EU. This role will drive strategic initiatives to ensure a positive healthcare environment by identifying, strategizing and eliminating access, coverage, reimbursement, evidence and economic barriers inhibiting widespread market adoption of Intuitive’s future technologies.
This position is operationally reporting to the Director, Global Access, Value & Economics – Emerging Technologies but will also be a highly matrixed role with in-direct reporting relationships to key stakeholders across regions/countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-region leadership and operational management to address major barriers inhibiting adoption as it relates to HTAs, evidence development and management, medical policy and funding, tendering, payer relations, health economics & outcomes research, and go-to-market launch support.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Global GAVE team, product development, sales/marketing, global public affairs, and corporate leadership to strengthen strategic planning and value development to execution to drive market access in targeted markets.
- Refine and manage market access plans to support SP & Ion EU launches including identifying, strategizing and eliminating access, funding, reimbursement, evidence and economic barriers inhibiting widespread market adoption of Intuitive’s emerging technologies.
- Partner with local and global Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) colleagues to identify research gaps and develop evidence strategies to support stakeholder adoption.
- Partner with commercial and market intelligence teams to provide patient, physician, provider and payer healthcare economic insights to drive market adoption of key emerging technologies, including engagement with KOLs, key provider stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Monitor national and local health policy issues and trends that may impact access to robotic technology within market i.e. decreasing payment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 6+ yrs. experience of increasing responsibilities in applied market access, health economics and outcomes research, health policy/reimbursement development, payer relations, clinical sales and/or HTA management in assigned geography.
- Experience in health care medical device, technologies, hospital industry, and/or health care consulting.
- Subject matter expertise in global payment systems, reimbursement development, payer relations, medical policy development, HTA management, economic value proposition development and/or health outcomes research.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and executing comprehensive market access strategies to expand patient access of an innovative technology.
- Developing reimbursement strategies that include working with KOLs, medical societies, policymakers and other stakeholders on reimbursement submissions to government agencies.
- Cross-functional collaboration with sales, marketing, clinical and medical affairs teams.
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate and facilitate across multiple disciplines in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- Self-starter, capable of significant autonomy, can create structure within ambiguity.
- Results-oriented, self-confident and able to react quickly under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including strong presentation skills to senior leadership and external audiences. Additional languages (e.g., German/French) would be a plus.
- Excellent prioritization, project management and analytical skills
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a University degree; or 6 years’ experience and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.
Travel: 25% of the time