At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective of an Engineering Technician is to provide troubleshooting, testing, repairs, equipment maintenance and MRB evaluation services to systems manufacturing line meeting Quality and productivity goals within manufacturing. This person will play a significant role in the areas of Failure Analysis, First Pass Yield and MRB review.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow Production escalation process and provide engineering evaluation of any interruptions to production line.
- Perform quick triage of the issue and recommend best course of action to keep production moving. This includes performing simple reworks on the spot such as cable crimping, solder components, tap threads, clean optics, adjust alignment, etc.
- Document all activities during escalation support in formal records.
- Diagnose failures on Systems Mfg line for system level failures, sub-assembly failures, and test fixture failures.
- Perform failure analysis down to component level, investigate root causes, and recommend corrective / preventive actions.
- Proactively provides feedback to management and engineering regarding production process, quality, and workmanship issues.
- Execute engineering level tests and collect data to support design of experiment activities or characterize a device.
- Review non-conforming parts in MRB, analyze failures in detail, make decisions on dispositions, and document all findings in formal records.
- Perform root cause investigation on non-conforming materials and provide feedback to engineering for quality improvements.
- Document findings of investigation in quality notifications, which are part of official Device History Records.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to resolve manufacture, process, and quality issues.
- Support engineering with electronics/PCA programming and functional testing in the early phase of new product launches to shake out bugs and suggest improvements.
- Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise.
- Perform other engineering technician duties as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of component level troubleshooting experience on FPGA/Microprocessor-based Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCAs).
- Ability to perform failure analysis and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex PCAs down to component level.
- Effectively use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, and custom test platforms.
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab drawings, and mechanical component drawings.
- Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications for documentation and data presentation.
- Ability to read, modify, and execute test scripts for debug.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to variety of technologies that allow effective troubleshooting.
- Good communication skills to be able to partner effectively with production technicians, supervisors, trainers, and engineers.
- Sense of urgency and Multi-tasking is essential to be able to support production line effectively.
- Experience with Agile, SAP, MES, and SPC or equivalent tools.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Must possess extensive knowledge/experience in troubleshooting electromechanical issues.
- Minimum AS degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent.
- Experience with troubleshooting is preferred.
- Open to new college graduates with a BSEE degree.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $90,800 - $122,800
Base Salary Range Region 2: $77,200 - $104,400
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.