Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Sr. Product Manager, Ion Endoluminal will be responsible for product management of Ion, a novel robotic technology for lung access. This includes executing high-impact future oriented projects to elevate the capabilities of future Ion platforms, working closely with customers to capture voice of customer and translate research and insights into user needs. Interface with cross-functional teams like, Product Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Clinical Development Engineering and Advanced Product Development to create product requirements and represent the customer through the Product Development Process (PDP), manage trade-offs and prepare the device for commercial launch. This role takes ownership in strategic planning, representing the voice of the customer to the organization, and acting as a leader in product development efforts. Working across multiple product franchises, in multiple geographies, and in collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders across Product Operations and Commercial functions, this individual also will have a unique breadth and story-telling platform, tying the value-proposition of multiple products into a cohesive and compelling story that ranges across the portfolio lifecycle (from launch to end-of-live).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the product roadmap, particularly the Desirability and Feasibility aspects, in alignment with the company’s long-term objectives. Develop business justification for recommendations and gain alignment across key stakeholders on project prioritization.
- Develop a deep understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer and future clinical spaces, including monitoring and consuming clinical literature, attending medical society meetings and engaging with physician key opinion leaders.
- Understand competitive, emerging and complementary technology and its impact on Intuitive’s product lines.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research. Direct customer interviews (patients, HCPs & their care team, providers and payers) and observations to develop insights and inform the product roadmap.
Product Design, Development and Launch
- Propose next-generation products and services aligned with customer needs and company’s long-term targets:
- Identify and clearly articulate unmet customer needs
- Evaluate fit or prototype product solutions
- Evaluate critical business requirements and potential product impact
- Cross-functionally manage projects through the product development process including developing market requirements and product requirements; negotiate core product tradeoffs and create alignment across key cross-functional stakeholders, including design engineering, clinical development engineers and manufacturing. Facilitate tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind.
- Establish product positioning, claims, messaging and pricing.
- Ensure execution of a smooth product rollout process, including global product launch. Manage cross-functional product rollout teams to prepare products for worldwide launch.
- Measure product success by monitoring product adoption and seeking post-launch product feedback.
- Partner with global counterparts to develop and implement specific product launch and product cycle activities.
Downstream Product Management:
- Understand external customers’ (i.e. clinicians/KOLs, reprocessing teams, hospitals and payors) and internal customers’ (i.e. Field Sales, Customer Service, Field Engineering) needs to identify and develop in-market and product development solutions.
- Lead Product Management in the SIOP process (Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning) process, working closely with manufacturing and operations, forecasting SKUs. Also, allocating products, when needed, with launch ramps or supply constraints.
- Monitor and prioritize product quality issues. Work on cross-functional teams to resolve product issues and critical customer issues.
- Global Product Management lead for Ion’s introduction in new countries/regions
- Identify high potential product investigations by potential market size and customer benefit
- Evaluate value to the customer and willing to pay of proposed product concepts
- Negotiate core product tradeoffs between cost and performing; align key cross-functional stakeholders
Inbound and Outbound Business Development
- Work with the product engineering and business development teams to evaluate new technologies and prioritize the new business development pipeline.
- Manage relationships and project plans with third party technology providers related to current and future product solutions
CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares about design details and physician/customer experience with medical technology
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of experience in medical device product management and product marketing
- Experience defining and managing market and product requirements for medical devices
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Masters degree in life science, engineering or business discipline preferred
- Develop strong commercial and KOL partnerships to inform a value-driven portfolio narrative
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting to senior management and customers.
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
- Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
- Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
- Well versed in MS Office Suite, Tableau, SFDC and digital marketing tools.
- Ability to work in surgical labs and hospital patient care areas is required.
- Ability to travel 30%. Some international travel may be required.
- The position is located at Intuitive Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
Nice to have
- MBA preferred
- Hands-on data analysis skills. Demonstrated ability to use data to develop market and product insights and drive decision making.
- Experience with in one of these areas preferred: medical software, capital equipment, flexible catheters, robotics.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $183,100 - $263,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $155,600 - $224,000
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.