Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
In this role, you must utilize creativity and sound engineering judgment in the design of medical capital equipment, collaborating within highly cross-functional teams to ensure our products provide value to patients and customers. You will be expected to use design and analytical skills to conceptualize, develop, and productize mechanical designs. Making sound decisions when faced with the time constraints and ambiguous or incomplete information typical of research and development is essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead multi-disciplinary technical teams to define requirements for new and current designs
- Rapidly develop and iterate full-scale prototypes of candidate architectures to satisfy requirements
- Lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts
- Design components and produce mechanical drawings in a government regulated environment for volume manufacturing processes which may include cast metal, injection molded plastic, sheet metal stamped, and others
- Develop and commercialize mechanical assemblies, with careful consideration for key functions and safety
- Minimum BSME, or similar
- Minimum 6 years of experience or Master's degree plus 4 years or PhD plus 1 year
- Self-starting with the ability to excel in a high-energy, small, focused team environment, to maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and reward, and to make work fun and interesting
- Ownership of key complex mechatronic components and assemblies through multiple product launches to market
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer
- Experience designing for volume manufacturing processes such as metal casting, plastic injection molding, sheet metal stamping, compression molding, thermoforming, etc.
- Robot design experience. Surgical or medical device product experience is a plus.
- Effective collaboration with multi-disciplinary functions like clinical, human factors, industrial design, interaction design, etc.
- SolidWorks experience
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $135,200 - $194,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $115,000 - $165,400
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.