Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The scope of this role will span across Commercial Operations supporting two VPs and their global teams. This leader will focus on providing insights and financial support to help demonstrate differentiated service value, excellence in customer experience, and innovation in serviceability, while working with global customer facing teams such as Field Service, Customer Service, Technical Support and Customer Success; as well as partnering with the Commercial Learning, Commercial Technologies and Enablement Operations teams to support, inspire, and instill confidence in our global commercial teams to offer minimally invasive solutions to customers. The senior manager will collaborate with both business partners and finance to implement processes and tools to enhance our forecasting accuracy and predictability as well as streamline for efficiency gains and excellence in cost to serve.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Services and Commercial Enablement processes for month-end close, quarterly forecast and annual operating budget.
- Partner with the Commercial Operations BU teams to develop KPI’s and methodologies for tracking the individual performance of the various functional areas.
- Work with Global & Regional FP&A teams in the Commercial organization to continuously streamline procedures, while increasing the quality of data and communication of results.
- Create economic valuation and comparison models to support key business decisions, including emerging company level initiatives.
- Actively network with cross functional teams and other departments, with the desire and skills to build a network outside the organization.
- Proactively identify and execute process improvements by leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale routine activities.
- Manage a team of two or more individuals directly. Develops careers of analysts and guides them to scale their work effectively.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 8-12 years of increasing levels of financial management experience.
- Outstanding leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to consistently discern strategic insights from data analysis.
- A solutions-orientated team player who thrives in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact effectively with executive leadership and cross functional teams.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to navigate and predict ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately present findings to management and executive leadership.
- Proficiency with SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau is beneficial.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. MBA is a plus.
This position requires the individual to work a hybrid schedule with on-site work each Tuesday and Thursday.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $164,600 - $246,800
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,800 - $209,800
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.