Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Director of Customer Service, North America, is responsible for leading the North America (US and Canada) Customer Service team that provides support for customers, field, and commercial teams.
This leader will direct Customer Service strategy and execution, focusing on driving operational and customer experience excellence that supports Intuitive’s differentiated position in the marketplace. They will have a proven ability to deploy technology to simplify customer interactions and help support business growth and scale. This leader must demonstrate a high degree of business acumen, exceptional leadership skills, experience collaborating with commercial teams, and strong communication skills.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Support, the successful candidate will have a strong track record of building high-performing teams that are able to successfully navigate dynamic periods of business growth while delivering meaningful business outcomes for customers. This role will be based on-site up to five days a week at our campus in Peachtree Corners, Georgia.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operational & Customer Experience Excellence
- Ensure the consistent delivery of a world-class customer experience by removing friction from customer transactions, solving customer problems efficiently and with empathy, and proactively supporting customers in achieving their desired goals.
- Identify and scale customer service “best practices” to ensure successful business practices and behaviors are adopted and performed reproducibly for a consistent customer experience.
- Deeply understand customer needs and leverage operational, financial, and customer experience data to inform priority initiatives and monitor team and individual performance.
- Build and monitor staffing plans to ensure adequate resources are in place to effectively support daily operations and satisfy customer needs.
- Set aggressive targets for business output improvement, establish plans to achieve those objectives, and measure performance to plan.
Team Leadership & People Development
- Lead a high-performing customer service organization that attracts, retains, and develops top talent.
- Motivate and inspire customer service team members and global cross-functional partners behind a strong vision for the function and grounded in the Intuitive mission and culture.
- Optimize organizational structure, capabilities, and communication to ensure deep functional expertise, clear development pathways, optimal resource use, and seamless connectivity with organizational partners.
- Provide intentional mentoring and professional development for people managers that expands their leadership capabilities, accelerates their professional growth, and develops them to points of independence that enables the business to scale.
- Lead by example through hands-on coaching of team members, including supervision of activities such as Talent Action Plans, bi-annual performance evaluations, quarterly performance job dialogues, and regular performance observation to ensure a culture of professional development.
- Define the core skills and capabilities required for team member success and establish training programs to develop and measure that skill/capability acquisition.
Application of Process Improvement & Technology for Scale
- Deeply understand complex end-to-end Customer Service processes (e.g., order management). Identify, prioritize, and drive opportunities to advance process efficiency to improve the customer experience, increase team productivity, and better the employee experience.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Services Business Systems and Enterprise Technology & Business Transformation to identify and deploy technology applications (e.g., automation, customer self-service, etc.) that allow the business to scale and provide an effortless customer experience.
- Recommend and implement improvements to documentation, agent onboarding, employee development, and business system workflows to optimize for efficiency, performance, consistency, and speed of delivery.
Stakeholder Alignment and Value Creation
- Effectively navigates the complexity of working across diverse organizational stakeholders to develop solutions that can effectively be executed across departments and the customer base.
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Logistics, Planning, and Manufacturing to effectively align projects and resources, drive continuous process improvement, and ensure key business strategies are executed effectively.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and the ability to translate commercial strategies into team initiatives, workflows, and messaging.
- Create a shared need for strategic change, mobilize commitment to the strategy, and sustain strategic progress through measurable results.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
This candidate must be inspirational with high energy that is focused on delivering a world-class customer experience. Someone who is a highly effective communicator and has the ability to support business growth and drive organizational changes with a collaborative and solution-based approach is a must.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in commercial roles with a preference for knowledge and/or experience with Customer Service, Customer Success, Order Management, or Supply Chain functions.
- Demonstrated steady progression of scope of responsibilities with a minimum of 7 years in a management position.
- Minimum university education required, plus requisite years of experience. Master / MBA preferred.
- Preferred experience in the Medical Device industry.
- Ability to lead leaders, with proven cross-functional collaboration and escalation management techniques.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Complaint Handling preferred.
- Ability to participate and contribute to meetings with Company Executives, and present to large audiences.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Comfort with a work schedule that can be dynamic, including weekend training and holiday support.
- Up to 25% travel required.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $174,400 - $261,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $148,200 - $222,400
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.