At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This is a working Quality Operations Supervisor role for Intuitive’s service facility in Southaven, MS. Primary functional responsibilities include supervision of the Product Release (DHR), Material Review Board (MRB), and Preventive Maintenance & Calibration (PMC) teams to ensure adherence to company quality standards. The Quality Operations Supervisor directly supports all audit-related activities, both internal and external, for the Southaven, MS facility. The Quality Operations Supervisor works directly with plant and corporate leadership to align on goals and objectives and leads continuous improvement activities within the Quality Operations team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Quality Operations team, executing quality functions as necessary to achieve team deliverables in adherence to company policies and procedures:
- Oversee the on-site Material Review Board (MRB), ensuring that Quality Notifications are processed in a timely manner and leveraging cross-functional business partners to remove obstacles to the resolution of nonconformances. Monitor inventory on-hand in MRB location to ensure accuracy.
- Oversee the on-site Preventive Maintenance and Calibration (PMC) team, ensuring that maintenance orders are completed on-time with minimal disruption to manufacturing activities.
- Oversee the on-site Product Release team, ensuring that Device History Record (DHR) Reviews are performed in a timely manner to support release of product to factory forecast. Monitor issues found during DHR Review and drive cross-functional action to reduce occurrence.
- Monitors daily operations of the Quality Operations business unit at the Southaven site, using readily obtainable data to identify gaps in availability or allocation of resources, and advising management on team capacity to support projects in service of department goals
- Allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectives
- Perform periodic capacity analysis in order to support production growth
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with peers, assessing the needs and priorities of internal customers to orient the Quality Operation team’s priorities accordingly.
- Develop leadership personnel within the department in support of department growth plans.
- Communicate regularly with staff about their performance in their job role and their future career plans.
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for staff.
- Assure all operations are performed in accordance with procedures.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure operations are being executed consistently.
- Determine, maintain Quality Operations CIP/department goals.
- Track recurring issues and escalate as needed to achieve root cause corrective action.
- Interface daily with internal customers to provide status of open issues and drive those items to closure.
- Drive cross-functional issue resolution.
- Facilitate interdepartmental resource allocation.
- Develop, trend, and improve operational metrics.
- Handle materials in accordance with procedures and maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status.
- Proactively recognize environmental changes and provide coordinated direction for mitigation.
- Drive improvements in safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in regulated manufacturing or service environment; or similar tenure in a non-regulated manufacturing environment, with 2+ years of leadership experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Skilled in MS office or equivalent software programs, with competency at: Drafting process documentation and visual workflows; Preparing presentation slide decks; Collecting and analyzing data using spreadsheets.
- Demonstrable understanding of Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) practices and methodology, Preventive Maintenance and Calibration (PMC) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Experience in Medical Device industry and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices preferred.
- Working knowledge of quality tools: measurement repeatability systems, process control tools (Statistical Process Control)
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $82,000 - $118,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $69,700 - $100,300
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.