At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The primary role for this position is to partner with Manufacturing to develop and sustain a well-trained and flexible workforce through hands-on training, mentoring, and formal certification. Work closely with Production and Training Supervisor to identify and prioritize quarterly training goals based on production needs and training scorecard. Routinely meet with Production and Training Supervisors to review training plan in order to achieve quarterly goals. Assist in maintaining the accuracy of manufacturing and training documentations to ensure the effectiveness of the training program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deliver OJT training courses in the areas of manufacturing skills and processes, quality system/GMP practices and requirements, information technology tools, and other subjects as required.
- Assess employee skills and provide feedback to management
- Track and maintain training data for accuracy
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing personnel and the production line as needed.
- Conduct training of Manufacturing personnel and perform certifications per certification criteria and requirements.
- Perform weekly and monthly audits of manufacturing area based on Manufacturing Standards and Guidelines.
- Solicit Training Evaluation from Manufacturing personnel to identify areas for improvement in training process.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation, initiate reports, escalate quality issues, report efficiency, and record measurements as needed.
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Identify and prevent gaps in training and production coverage
- Update/ red-line MPIs using PowerPoint/Excel/Word as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned including working as production capacity.
- Perform at a high level with consistency and be in good standing, (e.g. QPN quality issues and Attendance). In addition you must demonstrate leadership, independence, and meet CCEE standards.
- Basic level of competency with MS Word, Excel and preferably PowerPoint
- Ability to present training course material to individuals and groups and to effectively facilitate their learning process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A firm understanding of Demand Flow Technology/Lean Manufacturing concepts and disciplines.
- A firm understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Intuitive Surgical quality system requirements.
- Solid understanding of all manufacturing guidelines, policies, procedures, DOPs, etc. Has an understanding of MPI/WI templates, Design Controls, Change Controls, Product and Engineering Processes
- Excellent technical assembly capabilities and exceptional track record in production.
- Provide both support in the training department and with manufacturing production.
- Leading by example and be a strong team player.
- Education and/or experience: Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with relevant manufacturing related software such as Agile, SAP, and ISU.
- Minimum twelve (12) months of experience in ISI product manufacturing.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $55,800 - $75,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $47,400 - $64,200
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.