Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Manager will be a critical role responsible for managing organizational risk, advising on the design of effective controls, collaborating with business teams to mitigate risks and promote best practices, and contribute to the overall success of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program to maintain the organization’s financial integrity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and oversee global risk management strategies, policies, and procedures over financial reporting and operations.
- Oversee the design of internal controls by collaborating with process owners to make sure controls are effective, efficient, of the highest quality, and aligned with financial reporting objectives; provide recommendations to drive meaningful improvements.
- Lead process for identifying significant changes in financial reporting processes or controls, including automation initiatives and system implementations, and provide recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Prepare and present proposals to Senior Leadership on scoping of new applications or tools used in financial or operational processes.
- Direct the SOX Steering Committee that oversees the SOX program, governance, and execution.
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy, and quality of audit documentation required, including building out any control remediation efforts.
- Drive and foster a culture of continuous process improvements.
- Design, report, and analyze metrics (KPIs) to monitor the performance and quality of our financial operations.
- Develop new programs, such as trainings or workshops, for continuous education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field (Required)
- CPA or equivalent certification (Required)
- Minimum 8+ years relevant experience with in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, COSO Framework, PCAOB Auditing Standards, SOX 404 risk and controls standards, and relevant industry regulations and best practices.
- Big 4 or public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional root cause analysis skills to identify underlying factors contributing to risk and compliance issues, investigate complex issues, and propose effective solutions.
- Strong project management skills to ensure effective prioritization and timely execution to deliver the results.
- Strategic mindset to navigate organizational change to assess risks and make sound decisions with the growth and complexity of the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to influence and motivate others to drive results.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to present complex topics in a clear and concise manner to audiences at various levels of the business.
- Experience operating in SAP or similar ERP system, as well as the business and operational processes affecting financial reporting.
- Must be willing/able to work onsite 2-3 days/week at our Sunnyvale, CA office.
#LI-HYBRID #weareintuitive #provingwhatspossible #womeninfinance #dei
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $154,200 - $231,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $131,000 - $196,600
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.