Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary function of this position is the designing, verifying, deploying, and sustaining of manufacturing test equipment to verify Intuitive products at PCA board, subassembly, and system levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has the following supplementary responsibilities:
- Work with manufacturing engineering and product design engineering teams to understand product test requirements.
- Work with equipment software and mechanical engineers to develop test strategies and design the hardware test interface for PCA, subassembly, or system designs to meet test requirements.
- Ensure that equipment designs meet manufacturability, safety, reliability, and testability requirements. Review designs with key stakeholders and peers.
- Determine requirements for equipment preventative maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure FDA/GMP and ISO compliance through unit testing, peer reviews, and validation of hardware.
- Write equipment specifications, qualification protocols, and qualification reports.
- Acquire and maintain detailed understanding of Intuitive PCAs and their system level functions.
- Troubleshoot and repair manufacturing test equipment as needed. Track equipment failure trends and make design changes to improve equipment reliability.
- Work with contract manufacturers to scale deployment of test equipment.
- Update equipment designs when required due to EOL component issues and implement changes in manufacturing.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills, and experience.)
To adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Minimum of a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Practical depth of knowledge in analog (low signal and power) and digital design, plus statistics
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in electronic designs for test fixtures
- Good hands-on experience with prototyping, cabling, assembling, and integrating test fixtures
- Experience in debug of electronic assemblies and associated test fixtures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in common business programs including MS Office, Visio, etc.
- Experience with electronic lab equipment
- Basic use of electrical and mechanical tools
- Experience with motion control or feedback control systems
- Experience with signal integrity in a mixed signal/power environment
- Experience with high speed communication circuitry
- Experience with relevant design tools: Orcad schematic capture, Allegro PCB layout, etc.
- Experience in medical devices or other regulated business highly desired
- Experience with relevant business tools: Agile, SAP, Polarian, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with Fiber Optics and/or Vision Systems
- Experience with production automation
- Knowledge of C, Python, or other high level programming languages
- Experience in design of bed of nails fixturing
- Experience interacting with a contract manufacturer.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $120,100 - $172,900
Base Salary Range Region 2: $102,100 - $146,900
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.