At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Design and build high-precision stereo endoscope test and calibration systems as part of a diverse engineering team. This position will require a high-level understanding of optical test systems, mechanical design, electro-mechanical test systems, automation, system design, measurement analysis, and manufacturing methods. Test systems have extremely high performance standards in order to calibrate and test DUTs that are safe, reliable, and consistent. Individuals in this role must demonstrate experience with mechanical test system design, and work across multiple teams to develop state of the art manufacturing, test, and calibration processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and continuously improve manufacturing, test and calibration systems for image sensor, endoscope, laser, and LED optical systems.
- Work closely with new product development engineers and test software engineers to understand requirements, develop robust, reliable, and reproducible stereo camera/sensor test and calibration equipment.
- Lead and own individual test systems by either designing new test systems from scratch, or by leading a team of electrical and software engineers to make improvements.
- Documentation to include generating equipment specifications, validation protocols, assembly instructions, and calibration proceses.
- Analyze, debug and root cause measurement accuracy, reliability, repeatability, and reproducibility of test systems.
- Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum BS in relevant field required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical or relevant equipment design engineering experience for a medium to high volume product.
- CAD experience (Solidworks) required.
- Good understanding of optical systems: cameras, optics, lasers, integrating spheres, etc.
- Able to lead cross-disciplinary projects with broad engineering teams
- New product introduction/development experience desirable.
- Strong analytical skills to understand, analyze and improve the accuracy, repeatability, and reliability of measurement equipment.
- Strong statistics and/or data analysis skills preferred.
- Experienced in ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment or other regulated field preferred.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts desirable.
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies desirable.
- Documentation skills must be excellent.
- Use of Agile or similar lifecycle management tools desirable.
- Able to travel periodically to work with suppliers.
- Machine shop knowledge desirable.
- Experience with manufacturing test & calibration for cameras in consumer electronics a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $135,200 - $194,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $115,000 - $165,400
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.