Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Supervisor will oversee the Regulatory Post Market Surveillance team to ensure productivity and accuracy. The Supervisor will provide instruction and feedback to the group as needed and ensure completeness and consistency of complaint and Regulatory reporting documentation. The position is responsible for overseeing regulatory reporting including MDR and Vigilance reports, to ensure alignment with procedural requirements as required. In addition, the position will provide analysis of quality data to support Regulatory Compliance activities as needed.
The Supervisor should have a strong understanding of World Wide regulatory reporting requirements for medical devices, complaint system and process requirements. A firm overall understanding of Quality System Regulations as they relate to other areas in Post Market Surveillance including CAPA and Field Actions is required. The Supervisor must demonstrate strong analytical ability required to perform thorough analysis needed to resolve or escalate complaints. A strong ability in leadership skills and strategies for providing guidance/feedback to direct reports is essential. In addition, strong project management skills and experience in continuous improvement methodologies are preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Supervisory and leadership role within the Regulatory Post Market Surveillance team
- Approve timecards and time off requests in alignment with team resource and budget requirements
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with direct reports to provide guidance, development, performance feedback and opportunities for growth
- Annual Performance reviews conducted for direct reports
- Manage complaint workload with team to required backlog goals
- Write, review, and file Medical Device Reports (MDRs) and Vigilance Reports as required.
- Prepare responses to Regulatory agency requests for additional information as required.
- Represent Regulatory Compliance at selected cross functional meetings
- Investigating complaints:
- Perform classification of complaints and escalate complaints that require additional review.
- Perform Failure Analysis investigation review and escalate complaints that require additional review.
- File Regulatory Reports as identified and required (including Adverse Event and Incident related reports)
- Evaluate documentation for completeness and consistency, and assign additional actions as necessary to close the complaint file.
- Approve MDR/MDVs, as required.
- Approve final complaint file for closure after all applicable actions are completed.
- Assist with customer escalations as needed
- Evaluate complaints for reporting requirements in accordance with company procedures and Regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and trend Complaint data to identify new issues or systemic discrepancies as necessary.
- Escalate complaints to the Quality or other designated organization when new failure modes are encountered.
- Participate in new hire training and continuous Regulatory Compliance training as required
- Participate in process improvement activities to continuously improve process effectiveness
- Represent Regulatory Compliance at selected cross functional meetings
- Execute on projects as required
- Assist in writing or revising department procedures
- Prioritize team’s tasks and meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in health science, nursing or similar healthcare-related field, a Master of Science in Nursing desired, MD, or PhD degree is desired.
- Minimum 5+ years of clinical experience in a hospital setting applying regulations ideally in a post market setting
- Strong working knowledge of Medical Device Complaint files and quality record documentation
- Strong working knowledge of Regulatory reporting requirements for Medical Devices (US FDA requirements, EU MDD requirements, etc.)
Skills: The following skills are required for this position:
- Mentor direct reports in day to day functions and career development
- Demonstrate cross functional communication skills in person, by email and by phone
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interface cross-functionally with other groups
- Independent thinker, willing to present alternative conclusions or inferences
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to maintain professionalism in all types of environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to translate analytical
- Exhibit strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database)
- Efficient independent worker with ability to focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead meetings or cross functional teams to come to resolution
- Demonstrate cross functional communication skills in email and in person
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle and manage workload independently
- Prioritize numerous activities in a rapid paced environment
- Contribute to team oriented tasks
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $114,800 - $165,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $97,600 - $140,400
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.