At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Manufacturing Training Manager is responsible for the setup and expansion of training and development for Intuitive in Bulgaria, including the developing and maintaining of production training certification processes.
This manager will lead a team of trainers whose role it is to coordinate all training activities within this company. This means non-production site as well as production related training. For the production training the team will provide certification of assembly technicians to specific Manufacturing Process Instructions, provide education and training on a schedule determined by the needs and demands of the production team. The Manager of Manufacturing Training ISO plays a key role in identifying and meeting emerging training needs for the ISO team, as well as the support of new product introductions. This role will also be responsible for the administration of the Learning Management System and document language translation support. The strength of the Manufacturing Training team is mission critical to the success of operation unit. This is where your hands-on experience supporting a training and/or manufacturing organization and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with production management to prioritize and schedule certification training across all areas of production and the entire division
- Develops and delivers new training courses in the areas of the operation like manufacturing skills and processes, quality system/GMP practices and requirements, Demand Flow Technology, information technology tools, auditing and other subjects as required, SAP courses, new software tools
- Develops and delivers new training courses in the area of commercial, language, communication and leadership skills and processes
- Develops and delivers new training courses around vocational training for commercial and technical apprenticeship
- Maintains ownership of training certification program including all processes and corresponding SOPs/DOPs and work instructions, drives continuous improvement and innovation in training and certification business processes
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the training system based on product quality data, safety data, management and employee feedback, training, and certification results, DHR review findings and other data to be determined.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing process instructions (MPI) development for new product introductions
- Leadership and coordination of budget development, staff planning, organizational design, and strategy to anticipate and ensure readiness for future business needs
- Oversees administration of the Learning Management System and measure and improve the efficiency of this system
- Supports document language translation requests
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BS degree or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work experience, with at least 3 years of management experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to create and use actionable data to drive key business decisions.
- Proven ability to hire highly capable staff and grow and mentor staff.
- Excellent organisational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
- Pragmatic organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with Adobe software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Encore)
- Excellent Bulgarian and very good written and spoken English language skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% domestic and international.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 10% of the time