At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a talented FPGA Design Engineer to join our FPGA Core design team. The successful candidate will work with a group of dedicated engineers focused on developing the world’s best surgical robotics systems. As a member of the FPGA Core team, the individual in this position will play a key role in FPGA design - developing and integrating FPGA designs for communications, embedded processing, sensor interfacing and motor control.
Roles & Responsibilities:
In this role you will:
- Work closely on a daily basis with other FPGA team members to build and maintain a world-class FPGA design platform.
- Be provided with the challenge for delivering the highest quality FPGA designs that are critical to the safety and effectiveness of our robotics systems.
- Own entire FPGA designs from concept to production.
- Develop modular FPGA content for highly shared applications.
- Continually be exposed to, evaluate, and implement new technologies, tools, and processes.
- Provide your input on architectural decisions ranging from FPGA designs to electrical system architecture implementation.
- Understand system-level requirements in order to develop FPGA specification and test protocol documentation.
- Collaborate with our FPGA Verification team to identify and implement essential FPGA functional simulation coverage.
- Have the opportunity to learn from and work with many cross-functional teams – Hardware, Software, Mechanical, Manufacturing – to ensure correct implementation of FPGA designs from concept to system integration.
- Design, implement, and perform critical robotic in-system verification and validation procedures for your FPGA designs to ensure that the overall product meets required specifications.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience and Bachelor's Degree; or 6 years of experience and a Master's Degree; or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience designing complex FPGA modules.
- Fluent in System-Verilog/Verilog (VHDL a plus).
- Strong foundation in implementing FPGAs with AMD/Xilinx Versal, Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC devices
- Strong foundation in using FPGA build tools – AMD/Xilinx Vitis/Vivado/SDK/HLS
- Strong foundation in using FPGA simulation tools, environments and in test bench development - QuestaSim and UVM preferred
- Experience with various communication protocols - DDRX, AXI4, PCIE, SPI, I2C, embedded processing, motor control
- Experience with using lab equipment – oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Strong foundation in FPGA bringup, debug, and software/system integration.
- Strong foundation in FPGA verification and validation methods.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages – C, Python, etc.
- Experience with Linux OS.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $153,900 - $221,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $130,800 - $188,200
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.