At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking strong academic achievers and high-capacity students for our Accounting University Hiring Program. We challenge our interns to learn and apply leading accounting and finance principles to the operation of Intuitive’s business. The goal of our University Hiring Program is to build a pipeline of diverse, motivated, high performing talent to help fuel the expansion of Intuitive’s greatest asset; our people.
Roles & Responsibilities
The intern will work on activities which may include:
- Apply accounting and finance principles to support core business activities, such as revenue recognition, external reporting and fixed assets accounting
- Assist in the execution or monitoring of month- and quarter-end financial close and reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes, improve work efficiency and quality
- Presentation of insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provide technology or reporting solutions (SAP, EDW, Tableau, etc.)
- Enhance the team’s technical subject matter expertise with summer project(s)
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10–12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Completion of at least 2 years of undergraduate studies before start of internship
- Desired Major(s): Accounting, or related field.
- Desired Minor: Finance, Business, Math, Economics, Information Systems a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a collaborative work style
- High integrity with the ability to handle confidential information and data appropriately
- Superb attention to detail
- Deep desire to learn and acquire new skills
- Self-motivated, curious, and comfortable with ambiguous challenges
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus
- 3.0 GPA, 3.5 preferred (please list on resume)
- Authorization to work in the US is a prerequisite for employment
- Sponsorship of work visa is not available
We provide market-competitive compensation packages for our internships and co-op roles, with a focus on fair pay and amazing work experiences. The pay rate for this position is $25 to $46 per hour. It may not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this particular internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.