Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Specialty Sales Manager plays a critical role in driving identification and adoption of new procedures for the da Vinci surgical system. Partnering with sales leadership and staff in Clinical Sales, Capital Sales, and Key Accounts, the SSM will identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to pioneer and expand use of the da Vinci system in surgical specialties in early stages of growth.
They will also partner with local sales representatives to coach, counsel and train them on selling to specialists in their assigned hospital accounts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Expand da Vinci Specialty Procedures Utilization
- Develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for Thoracic and Colorectal procedures with potential future focus in Head & Neck Surgery.
- Establish regional case observation sites & Epicenters.
- Through collaboration with sales leadership, conduct strategic market development activities e.g. MSA RIPs and “blitz” activities
- Implement Consolidation Pathway Methodology
- For KOLs, execute all sales activities in support of developing their proficiency as a da Vinci surgeon. These activities include:
- Select appropriate case observation site
- Conduct on-site and wet lab training
- Bringing value in first series of cases
- Bring intra-operative & post-operative clinical value in initial surgeon case series
- Development and leadership of advanced regional training programs
- Serve as the market intelligence liaison for marketing and training teams
- Conduct hospital and practice executive presentations
- Develop future training pipeline by properly vetting all da Vinci Single-Site surgeon candidates for training feasibility within targeted geography.
- Provide feedback to enhance representatives’ ability to sell to specific specialties
- Identify area needs, coordinate and run competency programs with support from AVP and CSD’s
- Overnight travel required: 2-3 days / week (40% - 60%)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of medical device sales required
- 1+ years of management experience required
- Thoracic or colorectal sales background strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence peers
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change
- Effective communication skills across a broad organization with a variety of focuses
- Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly build credibility with a highly educated customer base
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay + commission, benefits, and equity. The on target earnings for this position are listed.
On Target Earnings Region 1: $282,750
On Target Earnings Region 2: $282,750
Travel: 25% of the time