Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Deliver significant improvements in cost, manufacturability, capacity, and serviceability for robotic surgical instruments and accessories.
The Sr Industrial Engineer is responsible for leading continuous improvement projects, maintaining the plant layout, time studies, balancing production lines and strives to maintain gross efficiency metrics accuracy. Maintaining standard time for all products ensuring there is enough space availability and capacity installed as well as provide HC quantity needed to meet build plan among other industrial engineering related activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining labor efficiency metrics accurate and actionable for the Mexicali site.
- Lead high impact/broad scope projects.
- Leading continuous improvement projects.
- Coaching and providing training on continuous improvement tools and methodologies. DMAIC, root cause analysis, SPC, other statistical techniques, etc.
- Perform Time studies to determine standard time and line balancing.
- Keep production time standards updated
- Maintaining the plant layout to improve productivity and capacity.
- Productivity improvement activities.
- Waste reduction activities.
- Train, develop, and motivate production personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, and productivity requirements. Ensure there is enough space availability for future growth
- Ensure there is enough capacity installed to meet build plan Ensure there is enough desks / space capacity to meet facilitators’ working place requirements.
- Elaborate VSM of critical processes.
- Lead initiatives focused on yield improvement,
- Update documents as needed to maintain compliance with the quality system.
- Update of manufacturing methods in Work instructions (MPI).
- Operating procedures (SOP's, DOP's, etc.) creation and update.
- Support SIOP cycle and MS initiatives related to capacity.
- Maintain capacity data accurate and updated.
- Plan, supervise, drive improvement, and report production performance including output, yields, root cause failures, efficiencies, and trends
- Assist in setting and attaining quarterly and annual production goals
- Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
- Equipment, Fixtures and Tools reliability challenge and provide design improvements proposals.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Travel: Position may require 5-10% travel, primarily within U.S.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Spanish. Able to communicate eloquently up, down, and sideways.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to coordinate and coach other employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrate to be a self-directed employee with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrate a Minimum of 2 years of supervision skill managing people (preferred).
- Demonstrate Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Green Belt knowledge.
- Demonstrate Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrate ability in root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Minimum BS degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years, manufacturing or process engineering experience with Mid/high volume manufacturing.
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Schedule oriented and demonstrate results based on such schedules (Plans / Gantt charts)
- Possess strong communication skills to interact with suppliers and other departments within the company (product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, quality, etc…)
- MS in an engineering discipline.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- Experienced in ISO 13485 or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience with automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques, 5’s
- Production Time Standard, calculation
- High English Level (+ 90 %).
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $125,500 - $180,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $106,700 - $153,500
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.