At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Responsible for the overall leadership for the logistics and production planning team. Manage, develop and motivate the team to achieve given team performance goals within a sophisticated supply chain and production planning work environment. The goals will include quality, efficiency, on-time delivery, inventory accuracy, organizing and monitoring storage, distribution of goods and the continuous improvement of our logistics and planning processes. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
This position offers opportunity to provide leadership in implementing a demand-pull system for our medical products along the entire value stream.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Mission, Vision and Shared Values of Intuitive Surgical
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production and shipping schedules and productivity requirements.
- Arrange warehouse, supermarkets, plan routes and process shipments, establish Kanban cycles and organize transport and cleaning of goods for a white room production.
- Establish operational figures and keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Responsible to execute SIOP approved build plan and to maintain optimal stock as well as securing supply considering optimal delivery stocks, delivery flexibility and safety stocks based on agreed targets.
- Lead or support various cross functional Lean Production initiatives and align with best practices for both system and process implementations.
- Drive physical inventory cycle count reconciliation and root cause analysis.
Ensure compliance with state, federal, international regulations (esp. known consignor and customs) and within the department (e.g. safety, environment) to all applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent with at least 10 years of experience as a production planner/supply chain manager in a manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years experience as a people leader who gets results through others
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Profound knowledge in lean logistics (Kanban, Supermarket, FIFO …)
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees as well as senior management
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Experience in the medical device industry is desirable
- Significant computer experience including MS Office (esp. Excel and PowerPoint) and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in Bulgarian and English
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.